It's that time of year again:
the Annual Camp-out!
This year, in addition to being Under the Stars, we'll be Under a Full Moon!*
Diablo Trust participants, friends both new and old, and the general public. Everyone is invited!
The Diablo Trust Annual Camp-out, a time for seeing friends and meeting new community members in a joyous atmosphere! (see agenda below)
A $10 donation is recommended
We all know the monsoons will come and go throughout August, so please bring weather-approrpriate clothing and shelter - we will be there rain or shine!
Diablo Canyon, Dog Valley, Bar T Bar Ranch (see directions below)
12:00PM Saturday, August 20 - 12:00PM Sunday, August 21
Please RSVP by Sunday, August 14:
• 12:00PM - FRSG monitoring presentation by Steve Cassady of AZ Game & Fish and Iric Burden of NRCS
• 1:30PM - participation activity at a 60+ year-old exclosure
• 4:30PM - potluck dinner! Please bring a side dish or dessert for at least 10 people.
• 7:30AM - cowboy breakfast
• 9:00AM - hike into Diablo Canyon to see wildlife signs, plants, and geology
On I-40 (east from Flagstaff, west from Winslow):
- Get off at Exit 233 towards Meteor Crater
- Turn south onto Meteor Crater Road
- Drive 4.6 miles to the dirt road (just past the Bar T Bar sign, on the left)
- Bear right, and drive 9.4 miles on the dirt road (Chavez Pass Road)
- Turn right at the four-way intersection, and drive 2.5 miles along the fence to a gate (just before the road bears left)
- Turn right and go through the gate; the campsite is approximately 0.7 miles from the gate.
There will be signs at each turn, and you'll see the porta-john by the road across from the campsite.
* Okay, its just a few days after the full moon, but if the sky is clear we'll be able to see a pretty big moon and plenty of stars!