Getting to Know . . . Lisa Lamberson
Mountain Sports of Flagstaff
Lisa Lamberson wears many hats in Flagstaff: business owner, mother, philanthropist, and more. Lisa co-owns Mountain Sports and Bright Side Bookshop, both located on North San Francisco Street in downtown Flagstaff.
She was born in Casper, WY, but her family moved to Flagstaff in 1980, when her father opened the original Mountain Sports. Lisa spent most of her childhood in Flagstaff.
Lisa moved around the country after high school, living in Maine, Idaho, Wyoming, Washington, Colorado, and other parts of Arizona. She received a degree in experiential education with a focus in visual arts from Prescott College.
When she returned to Flagstaff she taught at a Montessori school and ran educational programs at the Museum of Northern Arizona. Lisa returned to Mountain Sports in 2006.
In 2016 she and her husband Ben, a fellow Flagstaff local and Guardian paramedic, became the owners of Mountain Sports. In February 2017 Lisa, Ben, and Annette Avery purchased Barefoot Cowgirl Books, down the street from Mountain Sports, and rebranded it as Bright Side Bookshop.
Lisa and Ben are raising their five-year-old son Jack to be as outdoorsy and active as they are!
- Born in: Casper, WY
- Childhood Hero: Picabo Street (Olympic gold medalist skier)
- Current Hero: Glennon Doyle (author and activist)
- Contribution to the Flagstaff Community: Involvement in our mountain town through philanthropy, business, and my family!
- Books or Documentaries You Recently Enjoyed: Tangerine by Christine Mangan; When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams; Fire On the Mountain (documentary)
- Favorite Hobbies: River running, skiing, being outside with my son
- Favorite Ranch Recipe: Dutch oven pinapple upside-down cake
- Fondest Outdoor Memory: Seeing the total solar eclipse last year
- Currently Unrealized Life's Dream: Seeing the Northern Lights!
- Favorite College Class: NOLS semester in the Rockies
- Favorite Quotation: